2019 stole in very quietly for me. I was asleep at 10P.M. after doing a lot of editing on my WIP yesterday. Mr Fox says there were a lot of crackers and fireworks at midnight but I didn’t hear a thing; I am lucky like that.
I do not make resolutions as those are made to be broken. I do, however, like to have measurable goals and these are mine for 2019:
- Finish my new book, Through the Nethergate, for publication in early September. It will be ready for developmental editing this month but I anticipate some re-writing. This is a much longer book for me and will be approximately 70 000 words. It is aimed at the YA market and is a supernatural/horror book.
- Publish my new Sir Chocolate book, Sir Chocolate and the Fondant Five story and cookbook. I have finished all the artwork and editing. I just need to include one more recipe which I will do this week. It will be ready to send to my publisher by mid-January.
- This year I plan to publish a themed Sir Chocolate book. One of Charli Mills’ weekly prompts inspired a new Christmas story, Sir Chocolate and the graffiti artist story and cookbook which I plan to publish in late October this year. I have done some of the artwork over this Christmas period. It will include five lovely Christmas recipes.
- I had a very horrible dream while we were on holiday. The down side was I woke up in a panic. The upside was I wrote it down and it has given me a great idea for my next horror book. Writing a 70 000 word book takes me some time so that one will be for next year.
- I will be doing a monthly post on Writing to be Read hosted by Kaye Lynne Booth. You can read more about Kaye’s interesting blog here: Writing to be read
- I am very pleased with the success of the poetry readathon and plan to host another readathon next year over the same period. It really does inspire me to read more and, of course, the more you read the more you learn.
- I am going to learn how to make a bun in my own hair.
Looking over the above, it looks like a very achievable list to me. I will let you all know how it is going over the course of the year.
Thank you for sharing my dreaming, writing and baking journey with me. Wishing you all a happy new year!