Sue Vincent has come up with a creepy photograph of a glade for this weeks Thursday Photograph Prompt. You can join in here: https://scvincent.com/2017/10/05/thursday-photo-prompt-glade-writephoto/.
I thought I would try out another metaphorical poem for a change. Strangely, I find these poems quite challenging to write.
A glade is:
- a rich carpet of dense and dark creepers;
- a cool haven from the blazing sunshine;
- a mysterious and gloomy cave of foliage;
- a kaleidoscope of dappled light and dark;
- a pungent melting pot of fresh and sharp odours;
- a conservatory of exotic plant life;
- a hiding place for slimy and creepy life forms;
- a worm farm of rotting vegetation and rich soil;
- a tomb for insects and tiny creatures;
- a diary of unnoticed seasonal activity;
- a place of silent thought and reflection;
- a hiding place for those of bad intent;
- a sanctuary from the chaos of daily life;
- a claustrophobic den of stale air.
Robbie and Michael Cheadle are the co-authors of the Sir Chocolate Book series and Robbie Cheadle is the author of Silly Willy goes to Cape Town