Thank you to LadyLee Manila for nominating me for this award. I know it was a while ago but I have been very bogged down with Mystery Thriller Week and finalising two new books, one private and one for work. You can find LadyLee’s amazing blog and nomination at https://ladyleemanilablog.wordpress.com/2017/01/09/blogger-recognition-award/.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Attach the award to your post.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to receive the award.
- Notify your nominees and provide a nomination link to your award post.
How my blog started
I have always liked to write, in particular, I like to write in rhyming verse. I have been scribbling ever since I was a young teenager, inspired by the writing of L.M. Montgomery. I also like to read, bake and make all sorts of figurines and creatures out of fondant.
I have two beautiful boys, both of whom also like to read. My younger son, Michael, also likes to cook and bake and sometimes likes to make lovely models out of fondant. Michael is very good at art and I suspect he will way outstrip my artistic efforts in the future.
Michael has some beautiful creative ideas but he doesn’t like to write. I decided to help him write his stories down using my favourite rhyming verse. We illustrated our little books with all sorts of figures and other fun items made out of cake, sweets, biscuits and fondant. After a while, a friend suggested that we publish our little books and this is what we did. We wanted another outlet for our creative endeavours as well and so I started my blog. Robbiesinspiration shares all Michael and my ideas on writing, baking and fondant.
Advice for new bloggers
I haven’t been blogging that long myself but the two best pieces of advice I have gleaned during my six months as a blogger are as follows:
- It helps to find other bloggers who share similar interests to your own. You learn a lot from their posts and you make friends with them by taking an interest in their posts and commenting on them;
- Read and reply to people who take the trouble to comment on your posts. That is how you make friends and get the best out of blogging.
I nominate the following 15 bloggers for this award:
Sally of smorgasbordinvitation.wordpress.com;
Danielle of Books, vertigo and tea.com;
Follow Robbie Cheadle at: